Freitag, 23. September 2011

Week 5: Presentation and Web 2.0 Project

"Give Children A Hand" by Nina Scherl

 
This video can be also viewed on YouTube :


Self-Evaluation of my Presentation: 
"Give Children A Hand"

From my point of view I have set up my presentation in a logical flow and sequence of content. First, I try to create curiosity by showing photos of poor African children and stating facts about child poverty and related topics in Somalia. Moreover, the question “Do YOU want to make a difference?” should arouse the audience’s curiosity, as they probably feel sorry for the children and want to make a difference, but do not know how so far. The presentation goes on presenting general information about Somalia and the critical circumstances there. The story about an individual child named Malia should arouse compassion and a relationship between the content and the viewer should be established by it. It is easier for the audience to think of and imagine one specific example than thinking about a mass of people. While stating that “Give Children a Hand” helped Malia, the transition to the next “topic” is made. In the following slides information about the company, its mission and its projects is given. Then the specific actions are explained in more detail and photos are provided. It follows a request for action which is directly targeted at the audience, and information about how each person can help is given. In addition the goal of the project is revealed: making children from Somalia happy again. On one of the last slides the reference to the website is given to make sure that people have the chance to react to the presentation. In the end I used a saying in combination with photos to make the audience rethink the whole presentation again. Finally, the citation is presented. 

The presentation uses the help of media in the form of graphics, photos and music, to inform the audience and to evoke emotions respectively. Especially the ballad played on the guitar and the photos shall arouse sympathy and compassionateness. The graphic is provided with a note about the source to validate the information and to make the presentation more reliable. Additionally, the use of media makes the presentation interesting and creative. Moreover, I often used questions as headlines to make the audience curious and make them watch the presentation until the end. The colors for background and texts and the font size are chosen to ensure good readability. In addition, I used many photos and only keywords to avoid overloading the slides and tiring the audience. Furthermore, the space of the slides is used well. Finally, I used only photos and media I was allowed to use with respect to copyrights and regulations. Furthermore, I provided information about the sources on every slide. I am of the opinion that my presentation provides enough information about the topic I chose and delivers the clear message that people should help Give Children A Hand and get engages in charity projects. 

Summarizing I can say, that I am satisfied with my presentation after reviewing the Presentation Evaluation Rubric, and that I am looking forward to receive feedback for it.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen